Re: Scott's car

On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, Scott Shidel... wrote:

> > > relay....
> >
> > Het Scott,
> >
> > Do you still use the boost gauge from the Merkur pod taped to your dash?
> > And what is your front bumper made out of...a stop sign post? ;)
> >

> Hey, you have no room to talk Rubbermaid Boy!
> Someone who used a garbage can cut down the middle as a hood scoop is
> talkin bout my bumper, geez:)

Hey! That was a move in true desperation to beat a big block chevy...it
was only on for a week. I had this race against this 427 70 chevy truck
with gears and big meats and open exhaust...the car ran good, but I needed
to get some air through the cooler, and now...so I stopped at the local
hardware store and bought a garbage can. He won too -- mega traction
problems with the 13" rubber (you know, those trick 13 X 5.5 rims scott
loves!).

> Taped? more like wedged:)  Its gone now...I loaned it to pat to use in his
> Rabbit truck, and the sh*thead broke it..now I have an old outometer
> bashed into the heater control hole.

You're running gauges now? When did that happen?? ;)

> My bumper WAS made out of angle iron when I bought it, but I bought a
> bumber for it..Mine are cooler than yours..they are the thin ones.  But
> the brackest for the front were froma  73, which are diffrent htan the
> ones for a 71, so I chopped the bumper part of the angle iron contraption,
> and welded the real bumper bar to it..so I techically still have angle
> iron bumper mounts.....

I like my bumper...it's aluminum and weighs like 5 lbs. Too bad it impedes
flow to the rad core and a potential cooler up front. I like yours Scott,
it's classy :)

Cory