Re: Fuel System

Mark,

For the most part, it was higher boost and the single exhaust...all the
other components were the same.  They also had different ratings for auto
vs. stick in both the earlier TC's (85-86 was 140 to 155) and the XR
's (~150 to 175).  Crank up the boost and install good exhaust and the
auto will make the same HP -- they have to be different because the A4LD
automatics were computer controlled (3-4 shift and lockup convertor).

Don't have any hard info, but I'd say that tranny attrition would be a
good guess.

Joe Morgan