Re: SVO: Re: Nick's cam

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, DIRKPIT777 wrote:

> You have very eloquently expressed my exact feelings and I am sure, the
> feelings of the majority of the people on the list!

yeah, I guess we are wrong in figureing the "deat of the pants" crownd
would even have a clue on what it takes to go fast.......

> I don't blame Nick for not telling everyone how he makes his cam work.....the
> fact is..IT DOES..and I have personal experience!

Did you have the head machined?  For the totally ignorant, did you have
vavle with different keeper hieghts, or have the seats cut a little
deeper, or diffrent lenght valves installed??  THAT is what it takes to
put a TRUE 500 lift cam in the head....And if you did that, Nicks cam and
any other 500 lift cam would work physically with no problem.

> This is what is called in the industry "Proprietary Information".

No, its called bullsh*t!
Again, I dont expect the individuals that have to ask advice about putting
a K&N cone on to understand valvetrains.....

> Joe seems to think Nick should tell the world how he does it....(I bet so Joe
> can copy it for his own cam design)

Joe's car makes more power than nicks car witha an Engle 55...Hmmmm
And this doesnt get tohow he does it to figure out his method.....ARE YOU
PEOPLE THAT DENSE?????????
IN A STOCK HEAD, WITH STOCK VALVES THE MOST VALVE LIFT YOU CAN HAVE IS
.471!!!!  THIS HAS BEEN PROVEN WHETHER YOU WANT TO ADMIT IT OR
NOT, YOU CANT FUDGE THOSE NUMBERS, AND IT YOU HAVE A CLUE ON BUILDING
MOTORS YOU CANNOT DENY IT.  WITH THAT, WITHOUT CUTTING THE SEATS, THERE IS
NO WAY YOU WILL EVER GET .505 INCHES OF VALVE LIFT WITHOUT DAMAGE.

So this DOES NOT come down to how to put a .500 lift cam in a head.
We know how.  Its about how you can tell people its a BOLT IN, becasue it
IS NOT, unless it is not a true 500 lift cam!

>  Hows that feel Joe....maybe we should all question YOUR character, integrity,
> honesty, and motivations??????....(and mental health)

yeah Joe what are your motivations here?  Are you just lazy?

I will just say this people..if you have not read the posts on this
subject either, and read them objectively and understand them, ask
questions.  Dont criticise Joe just becasue you dont have the
understanding of how everything fits together, and figure Nick is God
becasue he is a nice guy.

> Don't get me wrong Joe, I greatly respect what u have accomplished, but it
> doesn't give you the right visiously attack anyone without cause or direct
> experience.

if you would READ, you would see that he took what nick told him, and
applied it to his personal head, and if the cam was as nick advertises, it
wil not work.  What would it take?  If Joe got the cam, there are only 2
possible outcomes.
1) Nick is lying aobut the valve lift, and it is not really .500
2) Joes engine would die too....

I am sure if someone had Nicks cam lying around, Joe would put it in the
head ona bench and prove to you guys there is interference.  Fair enuff?
But you wouldnt listen even if there was, so who cares..Your hero could
never be wrong.  were basing our side based on facts from a head, and what
we presume is fact from nick...put those two facts together, and there is
a serious problem.

> My last post on this subject.

Yeah, you want to come in, piss all over the place, get your jabs in too,
but not take them.........Your worse  than anybdy...