SVO: Re: 17" 94 Wheels

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997 00:15:50 +0000 "Chris Roth"
<caroth@holly.colostate.edu> writes:

>The wheels on the 85 SVO are 17X8" with a 5.75" backspacing. The
>tires are 245/45ZR17 Eagle ZRs. The back wheels do not stick out
>but you will have to roll the fender lip in (or cut 1/2" out).
>The front wheels do not stick out but do rub the outer fender
>when you go through a dip in the road too fast with the Konis
>set to full soft.  If you drive hormal and turn the Konis a
>little firm in the front, then you will not have problems.

i don;t see why you have to rol the rear lips or turn down the Konis,
when 5.0 Mustangs can run 17x9"  Cobra's.. i really want to get a wide
tire on there.. my friend has a 5.0 with 245's and they don;t rub at
all..

I would like to hear from anyone that is running a larger size rim..
thanks,

ExtremeSVO
Charcoal Grey '86 SVO which needs a paint job bad!
2 Chambered Flowmasters, 2 1/2" Mac Tail pipes(Is it me or does MAC SUCK)