SVO: Re: T5 grind

> Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 22:04:44 -0500
> From: "Carl Haines" <carlh@anadigi.com>
> Subject: T5 grind
>
> This is my first and only T5, so...
>
> My tranny grinds sometimes when I do a 3 - 5 shift, skipping 4th.  I have 2
> other 5sp trannys (not T5s) that don't grind when I do this.

 --- snip ---

Carl,

My '86 SVO doesn't grind when I do the same. You mentioned the new
carbon fiber synchros, but I know that the blocking ring on the 5th
gear synchro is made of brass (anyway, it's all metal). Is it possible
that it wasn't replaced?

Also, I am using Redline ATF, without any 'friction modifier', in my T5.
It's been working fine, but I don't shift too hard.

Good luck,

Dick Biskup
biskup@ncd.com