Re: SVO: Flush Headlight Questions

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997 DEVENNE@ACAD.WIT.EDU wrote:

> I just purchased a partially disassembled 86 SVO and I need to put the front
> end assembly together. I have all the headlights and directionals along with
> the adjusting plates and headlight reinforcement. I was wondering if there are
> spacers on the screws that hold the headlight to the adjustment plate. The
> headlights seem not to be flush with the directionals. The are actually
> inward by about 1/4 inch. I am missing the rubber assemblies that go around
> the headlights though. Can anyone HELP???
>

> Thanks,
> Greg DeVenne
> 86 SVO 9L (49,795 original miles)

Nope, no spacer.  You can move all of the adjustment screws out 1/4" to
match the other lights.  If I remember correctly, there sould be a good
deal of threaded srcew on the head light side (maybe 2"..just guessing
though) and very little to none at all sticking through the reinforcement
panel side of the adjust plates.  If that's not it, make sure that the
sidemarkers and turn signals are all the way back against the
reinforcement panel.  On mine, it seemed like they would bind and sit
crooked if I didn't pay close attention and tighten the two nuts each a
little at a time.

Sam
85&86 SVOs