SVO: Re: 8.8/7.5 rear end widths

----------
<turbo@music1.moorhead.msus.edu>; fordnatics@lists1.best.com
> Subject: 8.8/7.5 rear end widths
> Date: Saturday, December 20, 1997 3:12 PM
>

> Can people out there who may have these rear ends layin on a
> floor/shelf/treehouse tell me what are the flange to flange(axles) width,
> amd the width between the inner and outer edges of the lower control arm
> brackets?
>
> Looking for:
> Fox chassis t Birds,
> Mustangs(or fairmont, etc)
> Lincoln Mark VII
> Town Cars with the 8.8
>
> I'm working on a sick and sadistic swap:)

to:
> 	ericksco@mhd1.moorhead.msus.edu
>
> Scott
> -71 Pinto, stock 2.3 turbo, 13.67@98, radials
> 	8.1@85 1/8th mile on slicks
> 	Big intercooler ON!
> 	T4 Compressor soon to be on!
>
> -85 Merkur, let the modding begin!

 Scott all 7.5 and 8.8 axle housings for fox cars and ranger/explorer
have the same housing lenth,that includes mark Vll .there are two
length axles used in these housings,T bird,mark VII,continental,svo,
and sn95 use a long shaft,all others are short.the only differance is
between the axe flange and the axle bearing.( long shaft,wide track)
 all the coil/air bag housings have the same control arm brackets,
t bird and mustang have different quad shock brackets.
 the town car housing is wider than fox,the control arm brackets
are different
 are you going to tube a town car? maybe a 460?
 I can measure these housings next week and sed them to you.

<DPlanakis@JNPCS.COM>
David Planakis
advanced auto tech
7075-c newington rd.