Re: SVO: 4.940

On Sat, 20 Dec 1997, Julie O'Conner wrote:

> Bottom line it's because "4.940" doesn't look as cool on the fender as
> "5.0" does.
>
> Yeah....i know and 505" sounds cooler than 490"   The point of this joke
> was to remind everyone that manufacturers CONSTANTLY call
> things/describe things innacurately for the sake of marketing.  Others
> choose not to give their end users enough information to compete with
> them.
>
> Iwas poking fun at the cam debate.

Damn that was hilarious...TEE HEE!
I cant beleive this.  Whats the point of putting a size on it if it doesnt
mean crap anything?  Choose not to give the end user enuff info to
compete?   Are you from Mars?   if someone will have the resources to
duplicate a cam, they will have the ability to read a dial indicator to
get the exact profile.  False advertisement is exactly that, false
advertisement.  Knowing the TRUE valve lift will do nothing for somebody
that wants to copy a cam pattern, but I am sure you already know that.
You just wanted to spout off too.

Anyboy wanna buy a set of 4.10s for their 8.8?  (they're really 2.73's
froma  7.5, but hey, thats close enuff for you)