Re: SVO: Dirty pool

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997, Mp23cc wrote:
> So me when Joe made 300 hp. Thre dyno sheets do not show this. You are the
> guys who need to see dyno sheets, not me. This is why we are now planning on
> running back to back test's with and without our camshaft. Remember you guys
> do not would to hear about flywheel coverted numbers. You want rear wheel
> numbers, what did Joe make. I thing about 240 hp and no torque numbers at all,
> why?

The N20 runs were made with the stock injectors and no other fuel adders.
So theoretically, if you pumped enough pressure into the motor, the 35#ers
could support 300+ horse. Am I wrong in assuming that?

> Yes, I ran slower with 42s then with 35s also. Now with our mass-air we will
> have no problems.
> Did you ever think that your lifters would pump up because you had no much
> lifter preload do to the pounded valve seats? Alot of people rev bone stock
> cars passed 6200 with a chip, no lifter problems. Start adding big valves,
> alot more lift, alot more boost and you will have more problems.

Hmmm..well I'm not all up on the motor tech talk. What is lifter preload
again? Is that the static load between the lifter and the rocker? In any
case, I have used the stock valves and they cause some funky float
rev-limiting in the higher RPMs. The stock 5.0's have stronger springs and
close to the same valve size, yet those are pretty worthless around 6000+
as well. You can't expect to be running the stock springs past 6000 for
long before they start floating. I agree that with bigger valves and
higher RPM the problem will get worse, but the boost should be
insignificant. You could be running 30 lbs of boost, but just think of the
kind of opposing pressure on the other side of the valve. Granted boost
may be a determiner in weak springs (maybe). RPM, spring, lifter pumpup
rate, and valve mass are the big things to worry about here...

> You keep asking about how much  more power you will make. This is why we are
> going to the dyno. We know what it make with our set-up. Over 330 lbs ft of
> torque @3200 and over 330 hp @ 5850, with pump gas and 17lbs of boost. Again
> this is with our set-up, add our mass-air or a header , more fuel and you will
> make alot more. Thanks again

OK, now that was said for the 15th time...I know you have sold these cams
to lots of people with stock motors.... and you really don't know what
improvements they make? I realize you're going to the dyno to "prove" your
cam, but I can't believe you don't have a ballpark rear wheel number to
shoot for from past sales or testing.

Cory