Re: SVO: Fog Lights

At 02:40 PM 12/22/97 -0500, FFASTSVO wrote:

>   My fog lights don't work. I believe the swithc has burned out.  What could
>I do?  Clean the connectors of the old one?  Buy a replacement that Jim
found?
>Since my ownership I have never seen these dam things work!
>
>-Eric

Eric,

To test the switch, you could jump the wires (crap shoot on which ones --
check a diagram) and see if they work. Often, the switch just doesn't move
-- melts in one position. But different things happen.

I've seen the pigtail wiring connector at the switch bite it also --
remember that heat somebody was talking about which is most likely why the
switches go out anyway?

If the pigtail's gone, I would just draw a diagram before disassembly and
use good-quality insulated butt-connectors, or get a connector off of a
salvage car and splice it in.

I promised Monty I'd check into more switches -- I'll let you guys know if
I can get some more -- it will be at least 2 weeks before I have time to
mess with them though.

Jim Dvorak (aka jim@mustangsvo.org)

http://www.mustangsvo.org  ***  http://www.fordcarclubs.org