SVO: subframe connectors

My turn to climb up on the soapbox...

your stock mustang chassis has a tortional (twisting) stiffnes of around
175 ft/lbs per degree...in other words...to twist the tub of the car 1
degree (we measure this across the frame rails) one must only apply 175
ft/lbs of force...this may not sound meaningful, but consider that the
new taurus is on the order of 15,000 ft/lbs per degree (yes nearly as
good as an older indy car) or that it requires 500 lbs/inch to compress
your stock front spring.

the stock mustang chassis is so flexible that any imperfection in the
road surface at all, no matter how slight, flexes the chassis.

the svo is not significantly better.  its lighter weight and reduced
engine weight help reduce fatigue problems in the frame horns somewhat,
but the cars still flex a ton.

IF YOU LOVE YOUR CAR, AND YOU WANT IT TO LAST A LONG TIME AND THE DOORS
TO LINE UP TEN YEARS FROM NOW INSTALL A SET OF SUBFRAME CONNECTORS.

Jonathan Gleason

info@griggsracing.com
I don't care if you buy them from us, but buy them from someone....they
really help  (typically we see torsional stifness increase to 350
ft/lbs/degree on a sound car)