Re: SVO

Hey all,

Lurker here,

I've gotten really tired of the cam crap, so I broke out a bone stock
1986 vintage head off my SVO thats been sitting in my basement.  I
measured ~0.635" to the retainer with no seal, seal(86 vintage) measured
~0.160, that leaves ~0.475, close to the 0.471 we've all heard about 200
times.  Whooo wait a second that won't work -- BUT -- WHAT IF? imagine
this, the drop in kit had different retainers, or machined stock ones
HMMM...

The distance between the bottom of the retainer and the recessed keepers
is ~0.07", so with a drop in kit with different retainers, or machined
stock ones, theoretically you could get TADA 0.545" of lift without
removing the head.  Magic, I think not.  A possible way to get 0.505
lift on a stock head, maybe.

Don't mean to stir things up again, but they said it could not be done.

Bill