Re: SVO: Exhaust Manifold porting

On Tue, 23 Dec 1997, Joe Morgan wrote:

> Ric,
>

> > I should have mentioned that I had an 87 XR and I am almost positive its the
> > late style.
>
> If it has an allen plug between 2 and 3 it's early -- if not, it's late.

hes gota late model..

> > I figure about the cheapest next step is the manifold, then next prob. ditch the stock cat.

ric, if you are goin to do a manifold dont buy one, I have these things
about running out my ummm..nevermind...i'll just give you one and you can
port it or whatever and if I need one someday i'll jus get your old
one(like and even trade thing, jus you dont have the down time while
you port it).  Its up to you...

> Why not get a big K&N cone?  That's definitely cheaper and it'll
> probably help more.

But he wouldnt have his hi flow stock box anymore(you'd have to see it:)