Re: SVO: Hydraulic Clutch Retrofit

In a message dated 97-12-22 20:35:26 EST, Cameron_Bush@transalta.com writes:

<<
 Thanks for the responses to my post about my problem clutch. This weekend I
 jacked the car up and poked around. I removed the dust cover over the
 clutch lever (?) and used a light and mirror to look in the bell housing ->
 lots of oil :-(  And it's starting to drip oil, as well. FWIW, I did
 replace the rear seal when I installed the flywheel, but I only know enough
 about cars to be dangerous so I usually get things right on the second or
 third go around. (I enjoy the learning stuff, though.) This time, with
 Christmas and our first baby just a few days away, I'm going to give in and
 take it to a shop.

Your oil could also be coming from somewhere else on the top of the
engine(valve cover or oil press sending unit) The aluminum plate between the
engine and bellhousing has a cutout area at the top which will allow any oil
leaking above it to run down into the bellhousing. Check out those first
before you go to a shop and they replace a rear main seal that may be good.

Paul (CCA Pres.)