Re: SVO: Exhaust Manifold porting

At 10:43 PM 12/22/97 -0600, rumoving@bellsouth.net wrote:
>Ever thought about just having the entire manifold Extrude-Hone?
>
>Bud

Bud,

Neil Chirico's got one but hasn't installed it yet. Got a good deal on it
used. (Guess we should take pictures of it.) The Tiny Avenger has one --
probably got it for free.

For those of us who whould have to pay -- its almost as much as a header by
the time you get a new manifold and get it extrude honed. However, you
wouldn't have the inherent problems in the extrude honed manifold that you
will have still with the header (legality, etc.).

Extrude honing is great, and I don't know of any problems, except for the
expense. I would have gotten one if I could have afforded it. I would bet
there's marginal differences between a good ported one and an extrude-honed
unit. In other words, the most bang for the buck (gut feeling) seems to be
the ported one.

Jim Dvorak (aka jim@mustangsvo.org)

http://www.mustangsvo.org  ***  http://www.fordcarclubs.org