Re: SVO: Fog Lights

At 10:40 PM 12/22/97 -0600, rumoving@bellsouth.net wrote:

>Have you tried the 'ole swapping switches'?? Wasn't it mentioned on here
>once before that some parts place (Napa I believe it was) carried the
>switch..you needed to add your bezel to it though....or was I discussing
>that elsewhere?
>
>Bud Morton
>86 2R
>85 4E (still detailing engine parts..this sux)

Bud,

Good idea about swapping the switches to test them.

It's been around...on some Web sites in tech discussions.

I found out about the Borg-Warner S800 switches from Larry Cramer, SVOOA in
Michigan; and Jeff Smith, SVOOA in Texas.

So I put it up at: http://www.mustangsvo.org/tech.htm some months ago.

One switch fits all SVO, Turbo Coupe, Escort, etc. using that style switch
from Ford...which are now all obsolete.

The Borg-Warner unit comes only one way...it has a plain black faceplate,
and on the rocker part itself it has in white letters "ON" and/or "OFF" (I
forget) and those white letters can be rubbed-off. The amber light is
exactly as factory. The faceplates are thin aluminum and can be carefully
removed and switched with your factory faceplates.

It's a simple swap. Nobody stocks them, so you have to order them. But
since my last voltage regulator I got from Pep Boys was a Borg-Warner,
maybe they can order it. Most smaller shops will order things without
problem. I have a couple extras that Monty wants because he's too lazy to
order them.

List price is about $22.

Jim Dvorak (aka jim@mustangsvo.org)

http://www.mustangsvo.org  ***  http://www.fordcarclubs.org