Re: SVO: Exhaust Manifold porting

> there's marginal differences between a good ported one and an
extrude-honed
> unit. In other words, the most bang for the buck (gut feeling) seems to
be
> the ported one.

Actually, I do and I don't agree with this.  I've seen EH parts.  They're
smooth and only slightly larger.

The porting work removes almost a half an inch of metal in some areas.  No
EH job will do that.

Different results are achieved.  Think about gutting the upper intake or
EH'ing it.  That's a radical difference between the two.  Same thing here.

Dave
http://www.SmartWorx.com/Listserver