Re: SVO: Exhaust Manifold porting

In a message dated 97-12-23 22:57:15 EST, BugBug@net-thing.net writes:

<< Not so.  You can request "porting" done by them (a little more
 expensive) in which they use a coarser abrasive to remove more material, and
 then switch to the finer polishing goo.  Still not cheap though.
                                                 Bug Bug

This is true but I think they need to make it more affordable. I called them
for prices and they said "we cant tell you over the phone, we have to send you
a price list" Ok I said, but thought that was weird. Anyway, If they had just
told me the price, I could have saved them the postage! To do a 5.0 upper and
lower intake is $325 each if you do them seperate, if you have them done
together its $300 each(gee, thanks). Well, if you have a stock intake, $600
buys a GT-40/$400 buys a cobra. Granted an EH Cobra intake flows great but now
you have $1000 into an intake(I dont think so guys). They have the market
cornered, think of how much more business they would have if they made it more
affordable. I would rather make $2 on something and sell Thousands than make
$10 on it and sell a few.

Paul (CCA Pres.)