Re: SVO: Exhaust Manifold porting

At 09:46 AM 12/24/97 -0500, SVO8ntno50 wrote:
>To do a 5.0 upper and
>lower intake is $325 each if you do them seperate, if you have them done
>together its $300 each(gee, thanks). Well, if you have a stock intake, $600
>buys a GT-40/$400 buys a cobra. Granted an EH Cobra intake flows great but
now
>you have $1000 into an intake(I dont think so guys). They have the market
>cornered, think of how much more business they would have if they made it
more
>affordable. I would rather make $2 on something and sell Thousands than make
>$10 on it and sell a few.
>
>Paul (CCA Pres.)

Paul,

One thing that was never mentioned in this discussion was the machinery
involved. It's no $100 Craftsman grinder that is used. It's a huge
hydraulically operated machine that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars
and it runs for several hours.

The actual manual labor involved is strictly in the set-up, which is done
on an individual basis -- there aren't really any specific jigs. The real
cost is the time it takes to run the very expensive machinery for hours on
end.

It's the best process known, and the stuff they pump through there follows
the path of least resistance, which, coincidentally is also advantageous to
the air/fuel mixtures in the automobile.

So accept it. And quit whining. And quit talking about V8s or we're going
to put you in a straight jacket!!!

Merry Holidays!

Jim Dvorak (aka jim@mustangsvo.org)

http://www.mustangsvo.org  ***  http://www.fordcarclubs.org