Re: SVO: Exhaust Manifold porting

In a message dated 97-12-24 13:24:27 EST, jdvorak@deltanet.com writes:

<< Paul,

 One thing that was never mentioned in this discussion was the machinery
 involved. It's no $100 Craftsman grinder that is used. It's a huge
 hydraulically operated machine that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars
 and it runs for several hours.

 } Agreed, the machinery is expensive but you could make more money through
more volume of business(by lower cost) in order to pay off your initial
investment.{

 The actual manual labor involved is strictly in the set-up, which is done
 on an individual basis -- there aren't really any specific jigs. The real
 cost is the time it takes to run the very expensive machinery for hours on
 end.

} Agreed, but most intakes they do repeteadly which means employees should be
able to set them up rather quickly.{

 So accept it. And quit whining. And quit talking about V8s or we're going
 to put you in a straight jacket!!!

}I accept it, just wont spend it. I dont see the value for the money(my
opinion). I am not whining, just inputting my opinion.I have an EH GT-40 lower
but I bought it used at Carlisle and let someone else eat the cost. Sorry
about the V8 reference but it was what I am familiar with as I am new to the
2.3 and have been into V8's from the start. I didn't know prices for the 2.3
parts but did for the V8.

Happy Holidays All, Paul (CCA Pres.)

 Jim Dvorak (aka jim@mustangsvo.org)