Re: T5 Clutch change on 1988 TC - Any Helpful Hints/Tricks or advise?

Howdy
I'm running the centerforce dual friction clutch and PP  and  It keeps
sliping

my .03 cents

chuck taylor
one BAD SVO road racer/trailer queen!
On Wed, 4 Feb 1998 20:37:12 -0500 (EST) "Scott Shidel..."
<shidel@suntan.eng.usf.edu> writes:
>On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Floyd wrote:
>
>> This is my first TC /T5 clutch Change, but not the first time I've
>> changed a clutch. I've changed bout 8-10 different clutches on FWD
>and
>> RWD cars. I was just wondering if their is any weird thing to look
>out
>> for or do. I ordered the Centerforce II clutch/disk/TO bearing.
>>
>Step one...send back the Centerforce and stick with the 9 1/4"
>stocker...if you are lookin for some serious bite, get a puck clutch
>from
>esslinger or racer walsh, but i doubt you need it...
>
>> Of course I'm sending the flywheel out to be ground. Are there any
>
>While your back there and have the flywheel out, CHANGE THE FREEZE
>PLUG!
>There is one back there, and its prolly kinda old....My freind did a
>trans
>swap on a wweekend, and the clutch and all looked fine...one Wed he
>was
>bitchin about bad chatter....so 5 days after the trans swap, he was at
>my
>house witht he car in the air, changing the freeze plug and clutch, as
>the
>water ruined his(centerforce, coincidentally).
>
>One tip of adcive to make the job easier...after taking off the X
>member
>and drive shaft, remove the four bolts holding the trans to the
>bellhosing.  its easier to drop the trans then the bellhousing than to
>try
>and wrestle the whole freakin thing.

>to:
>	ericksco@mhd1.moorhead.msus.edu
>
>Scott
>-71 Pinto, stock 2.3 turbo, 13.67@98, radials
>	8.1@85 1/8th mile on slicks
>	Big intercooler ON!
>	T4 Compressor soon to be on!
>
>-85 Merkur, let the modding begin!

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]