Re: Intercoolers

>Hey I just got an Idea....With all this talk about intercoolers I was
>wondering if anyone has ever tried to install a Buick GN intercooler???
>I would think this unit would flow enough for the 2.3.... It's been a
>while since I have seen one so I am not sure of the inlet/outlet
>locations????? Do you guys think it would work???

        If I'm not mistaken (and it wouldn't be the first time I was), the
GN IC is a coolant based heat exchanger (ie. like the Vortech Aftercooler).
But instead of it's own supply of water, it uses engine coolant, which
happens to get very hot.  Most GN guys trash them to install an air-air IC

                                                Bug Bug

Bug Bug's Ford page:  Mustang and Ford parts For Sale
http://www.net-thing.net/~tonyc/bugbug.htm