Re: TFI

Scott Shidel wrote:

> Hey all...
> I remeber some talk on the "other" list a while back, about the later Fords
> having fender mounted TFI's.  I was at the junkyard today geting my 5 dollar
> VOLVO blowoff valve(hop it can flow enuff:), and saw a 88 v6 bird out
> there..Funny thng was, there was a heatsink mounted to the core support, and
> the TFI was in that..right behind the grille opening..
> I thought it would be cool to grab it and put on the Merk, but wasnt sure
> where it got the signal fromt he Pip into it from....Looked like the same
> TFI as we have, with the same amount of connections, so I dunno...The engine
> was gone, so I didnt see how the distributor was setup...wonder what it
> would actually take to make that conversion reliable....

Its cake!  Mine was anyways..
I took a bad TFI, scraped out the thick film and guts...
wired it up as an adaptor to connect the PIP from the dist to the
actuall TFI on my fender wall
only takes 3 wirs from a junkyard TFI harness...

-Mark

  Mark  Peters - Ceiba, Puerto Rico -webmaster of The
OFFICIAL 20th Anniversary Mustang Website and Registry
          http://www.corral.net/20anngt

        1984.5 GT-350 Mustang 2.3litre Turbo
    1979 ASC McLaren Mustang Convertible 5.0litre