Stock TC ET/trap

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998 streutkerc@NKU.EDU wrote:

> Being new to modifying cars I have a lot of questions.  Has anyone tried a
> T-56 or tremec 3550 swap in a T-5 equipped 88 TC.  Also does anyone know
> of worth while suspension upgrades.  I talked to someone at Griggs Racing
> who said tha the T-bird and Mustang share SOME compnents, except those
> that have to do with wheel base.  Any idea if this is true or not.  One
> more question.  Does an 87mph trap speed sound possible with a 16.49 ET,
> because thats what I had my first time out ever.

Messing around on the street I see about 85 in the quarter with mine...Your
MPH sounds good, the ET average.

Someone (Brian Guild?) reported a high-high-high 15 second pass with his
5-speed TC this last summer.

It really takes talent to hook those cars on street tires. Rev too low and
bog the motor, rev too high and you spin like crazy.

**I would really love to hear some numbers on the '87-'88 A4LD TC's.**

Cory