Re: NOS

streutkerc@nku.edu wrote:

> Have any of you people who have complained about the difficulty of
> launching  a TC ever tried Nitrous to make up for the turbo lag.  I seen
> many imports(most of which run 10-12 sec. 1/4 miles) use a nitrous set up
> in conjunction with a turbo to create mega horsepower.  I have also seen
> an increasing number of 5.0L's using a NOS/supercharger combination.  It
> seems a turbo setup such as the 2.3L a "wet" type system would work best
> since it include an extra squirt of fuel with the laughing gas.
>
> ALSO.  I've read many responses to my 1/4 mile perfromance inquiry, but
> what about the transmission question.  Has anyone ever tried a tremec or
> T-56 swap in a TC.

I would think that the remec would either bolt up with a t-5 bellhosung
or you would simply have to re-drill a hole or two.. I havent tried it
though.
I have a freind who had a tremec in his stang behind a 351w but I only
got a brief look at the trenny before it went into the car

-Mark

  Mark  Peters - Ceiba, Puerto Rico -webmaster of The
OFFICIAL 20th Anniversary Mustang Website and Registry
          http://www.corral.net/20anngt

        1984.5 GT-350 Mustang 2.3litre Turbo
    1979 ASC McLaren Mustang Convertible 5.0litre