Huh?

I saw this on the "Headlight Polishers List"....

> Subject: Re: FMS Roller characteristics
>
> The effect of retarding the cam is different on a turbo motor, than a N/A
> car, cuz the engine has less torque = more load = more turbo spoolup.

now, can someone explain why more manifold pressure is preferable to
torque?  sure, more boost makes more power, but if your hindering the
engine so that it has to make more boost jus to get out of its own way
your not gaining anything at the wheels.  or am I way off?
kinda like riding the brakes and sayin "wow the boost is really climbin!",
but the car is not goin anywhere.