Intercooler

In the May MM&FF, there is a story about a guy who put a 88 TC motor in
a 79 (I think). He had a small fan on top of the intercooler that he
said is from a Festiva. Has anyone tried something like this on an SVO?
I'm not sure there is enough clearance but haven't measured.

Also, I pulled a front mount intercooler from a Saab 9000 turbo at the
boneyard yesterday. It looks like a skinny radiator and mounts in front
of the radiator on the Saab. It is big. I've heard talk of using Volvo
intercoolers but never Saab ones. Anyone???

ron
(2) 86 SVOs