Re: TC Intercooler

Chris,

 I personally would prefer to have it electrically controlled, because it's
easier to adjust or defeat if it fails.
 Besides, I have a functioning boost control system that only cares if it
hears a knock,
and maintains less than 4psi in the wastegate line until it does.
there is also a preset adjustable max cutoff that I have set to 21psi. (not
that my compressor will go there anyway...)
So, having a bypass that opens at a lower pressure would cause great trouble
for me.

Allan

At 02:00 PM 4/13/98 -0600, you wrote:
>WalterDeGroot wrote:
>
>> Ok if the concern is pressure build up after abrupt closed throttle,
>>then I WOULD advocate the use of a SOLENOID activated dump valve,
>>controlled by a throttle Closed switch contact.
>>as this way it would only open under closed throttle.
>
>Why do the hassle of the switch and wiring the thing.  The Volvo by-pass
>valve is simple and uses vacuum/boost to do the same thing.  Under MANIFOLD
>boost, the bypass valve is kept closed from the boost but as soon as the
>MANIFOLD goes  into vacuum, the by-pass valve opens and relieves pressure.
>Are we talking about the same concept and/or device?
>
>>PROVIDED the valve was dumping INTO the turbo inlet, so that no "metered"
>>air was lost "overboard".
>
>That is how I have mine setup, all I need is the tube from the welder
>(which I will pick-up this afternoon and I will test it tonight and take
>pictures of the setup and post...
>
>>Definitions for future use:
>> A "pop-off" valve blows manifold pressure to atmosphere.
>>A "compressor bypass valve" dumps air from the high side of the compressor
>>back to the low side.
>
>Thanks for the definitions, it is important to know we are talking about
>the same thing.
>

>Chris Roth
>2-SVOs
>http://www.rothfam.com/svo

Walter De Groot  wdegroot@ptdprolog.net
610-377-8632   fax 610-377-9362
If you have my AOL address it is not working now