Re: (no subject)

On Tue, 5 May 1998, Mark Peters wrote:

> joseph edward morgan wrote:
>
> > I know that this goes against the "common wisdom"...but the factory guages
> > have a really nice movement in them...I believe it's called a "bourdon
> > tube".  Most of the people who think that they're innacurate are
> > comparing them to much cheaper guages.
>
> That is interesting, but if so, then why were two of my 3 svo boost guages
> all totally wrong? they were all in great condition and showed no signs of any
> damage or corrosion ar anything....

Let me get this straight...

You're using a car to calibrate a boost guage?  I'm not gonna get into all
thepossible ways for you to get a +/- 4PSI variance between "tests"...but
suffice to say there are many.

No offense intended...but aren't you one of the people who's asking about
"boost creap" all the time?  Do you figure that your car is really *that*
consistent, boost-wise?  It's taken me quite a while to get the Pinto that
consistent...I know that the truck and the SVO's aren't.

Joe Morgan